OPERATIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Start | March 2020
We are looking for someone to join our adventure in crafting a world-class and top-notch team in Europe that goes beyond business targets; a person who is passionate, dedicated and wants to grow with us. Our team is working on penetrating markets in and outside of the Netherlands. You will be introduced to our methodology, concept, brands & products.
As an Operations & Business Development Trainee, you will be drawing up short and long term goals with the leads in the company, help to guide and manage the team in achieving these goals, and report back the results. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, comfortable multitasking, and thrive in a busy, high paced, multi-faceted and high performing environment. The most important qualities you should possess are to be proactive and solution oriented.
60 seconds to understand SPX Agency
- Learn about the processes involved in project development
- Understand how to deal with various project stakeholders
- Solve problems arising during completion of internal/external projects
- Lear how to manage processes and efficiency (methodology & time management)
- Perform data entry, filing, spreadsheet management
- Attend meetings with management
- Conduct independent research on possible partners/suppliers
- Organise & Update the Standard Operational Procedures database
- Work with management, creative & marketing team to create an inventory of deliverables & services
- Assist with company logistics, including networking event & conference preparation
- Traffic management support (within design & marketing projects)
- Help with office management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethics, do-a-lot-with-a-little mentality
- Uncanny ability to multitask, good sense of business priorities, able to work independently
- Fluent in English both oral and written.
- Affinity towards the real estate & hospitality industry
- Relevant educational background – business or marketing studies are preferred
- International oriented – with experience living abroad
- Ability to think out of the box, ambitious and eager to take on challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit & attitude to work
- Structured, Pragmatic and Functional work approach
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks, while managing deadlines
- Some background experience in project management and Business to Business (B2B) communication
- Team management experience
- Ability to defuse tension among project team and allocate resources effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of finance and administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Apple iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)
- Strong writing skills
- Passion for process optimization, efficiency and control
- Flexible, self-directed and stress resistant
- Ability to handle & process constructive feedback
- Not afraid to express your opinion to your colleagues
- Affinity with branding, design & (digital) marketing
Would be a plus
- Design oriented sense of style and aesthetics (if you don’t have it, you‘ll learn with us)
- Experience with various Project Management tools
- Experience with creating appealing & informative presentations (in Apple Keynote)
- Ability to manage CRM e.g. HubSpot (if you do not know yet, you will learn with us)
- Proficiency in either German, Spanish or Polish
What we offer
Our office is located close to the centre of Amsterdam in a developing and upcoming area.
You will be part of an international team of extremely motivated professionals based in Amsterdam & get the chance to meet interesting people, work within an interdisciplinary team and develop your skills while collaborating and participating in meaningful projects. We like to keep it fun and positive.
This is a full-time internship, which will last for 6 months, with the option to extend cooperation with our company. We offer an allowance of € 500 per month. Candidates could be either (currently enrolled) students or fresh graduates (eligible for Erasmus+ programme) who are legally allowed to live & work in the Netherlands.
SPX Agency is an international creative & consulting agency based in Amsterdam. In the past few years, we have created and co-created successful brands, providing them with strategies, concepts, brand identity and digital / web solutions. We have worked with brands such as The Student Hotel, OurDomain, OurCampus, Staytoo Apartments, The Class of 2020, BONARD among others. Currently, we have new exciting projects and look for colleagues who are interested to join our team for new professional adventure.
Our team consists of young professionals, entrepreneurs, designers and above all millennials. We are creative partners for our clients, passionate about bringing innovative marketing solutions to real estate and hospitality businesses. We have quite a few interesting developments in the works.